Sometimes the best meals are the simplest. This new red potatoes recipe has just 6 ingredients and you likely already have everything in your kitchen. It’s a quick side dish that will win your family over.
Did I mention I live in Idaho? And did you know potatoes come from Idaho? (well, maybe not all of them, but we sure are famous for potatoes!) It’s only fitting that we are wild about potatoes. After making this dish twice in one week, we knew we had to share it with you! Enjoy!Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 25 mins
- 2 lb baby red potatoes, cut into 1″ pieces, quartered or into ⅛’ths if larger.
- 1 tsp salt for water
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Garlic salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ – ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Fill a medium pot with cut potatoes and add warm water until there is ½” of water above the top of the potatoes. Stir in 1 tsp salt. Cover and bring to a boil and cook red potatoes at a light boil for about 10-12 min in salted water or until you can smoothly pierce potatoes with a fork. Remove from heat and drain well.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt 4 Tbsp butter. Transfer potatoes to the buttery skillet then sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. Toss potatoes to coat them in butter and sprinkle again with garlic salt. Let potatoes sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes then turn them and let sit another 2-3 minutes.
- Once potatoes are starting to turn golden on the second side, turn them and sprinkle generously with fresh dill and top with shredded parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and let the potatoes sit in the hot skillet to let the cheese melt a bit then serve.